Old 02-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Salvage yards have a permit to Salvage I believe. This bill will be affecting the guy you find on Craigslist, Racingjunk, this website, etc. who is parting out there old truck and then taking the rest to the junk yard when everything usefull is sold.

· L.B. 688 would outlaw the opportunity to repair or modify certain motor vehicles that are undergoing restoration.

So this is saying no more restoring vehciles personally, we have to pay a professional to do it or what?

· L.B. 688 would outlaw the maintenance of parts cars for motor vehicles undergoing restoration.

Were just supposed to go to O-reilly's and expect them to have a grille for a 32 Ford?

· L.B. 688 provides no reasonable safeguards for legitimate automotive hobbyists that choose to work on inoperable collector vehicles on private property.

It's "private property", maybe I have a thing against ppl who restore tractors (I don't), are they still allowed to restore there inoperable John Deere A?

· L.B. 688 establishes no provisions that would enable vehicles located out of public view to avoid being classified as abandoned.

Yes, it's technically abandoned/non-drivable if it's a parts vehicle, but you own it. Taxes have been payed on the vehicle it's whole running life, now the parts are going towards another vehicle the state will get to tax when finished.

I can see cities having ordinances of ppl having a bunch of rusty cars up on blocks in the yard, but it's you property and if you build a fence around it, fine, out of site and out of mind. Now why should this apply to the whole state including ppl in the country, if I have 4 old parts trucks sitting in the trees and no one knows they are there except for the farmer around me when he plants, sprays and combines is it hurting anyone? Does it hurt anyone for the old farmer who has old farm machinery and a few old cars and trucks out back in his pasture he uses for parts?

This law is outlawing parts vehicles and fixing up/restoring old cars/trucks in public veiw if I'm understanding it somewhat correctly? Were not stripping in public, just stripping vehicles in public.