View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003, 02:58 PM
Rat wagon
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
let's try this alcohol thing again

Ethanol allows motors to run cooler than the same motor on gas. Virtually no junk in ethanol, no soot, ash and other dirty stuff. If you get a big jug of gas(30 or so gallons) the stuff looks black, ethanol is clear. A proper conversion to ethanol is like 98% of a gas motor. AS for economy, if your running 12-1 comp VS 8-1 on gas your getting like 1/3 more bang which would probaly level out the cost of a higher fuel ratio?? . It's not so much on the performance things but more envronmental, a motor running on ethanol is producing virtually no hydrocarbons, particulate, has reduced Nox from the cooler burning fuel, valve life is extended, and lots more..The added performance is a cherry on top the cake when all the other benefits are added up. All a man needs is a huge pile of dead plants and stuff to make the stuff along with some equipment. When ethanol comes out in Canada I'm gonna be on it like a fat man eating a piece of cheese cake after I read this info I found on it years ago. Too bad for politics though... I'll stop now thanks for the chance to discuss, it's rare to hear people actually discuss alternative fuel without some one saying gas is cheaper or the government is doing this and that and blah blah blah.