Old 01-29-2010, 06:50 PM
crowndog1
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Followed advice but still scratching my head

let my start off by saying that the info was great. Thank goodness for people like you wanting to help. I read this forum alot but not much of a poster. I need help. 05 screw 4X4. 64,000 miles. It snowed today and now I have no 4X4. I have never heard any grinding noise around the front end at all. No noises what so ever to alert me of any trouble. I can hear the transfer case kicking in when switched to hi and low. The dash indicators light up in both gears but no power transfered to the front tires. I pulled the vacuum hoses from the IEW on the firewall and had vacuum. I then pulled the vacuum hoses at each tire and plugged them. I am thinking that this should have caused the hubs to remained locked so when I engaged the transfer case the truck should have been in 4 wheel drive. It however remained in 2 wheel drive. I think that I have included all vital info so if anybody has any ideas or advice, please share. I have a 4X4 stuck in my driveway and my wife's Toyota in garage with a recall saying the gas pedal could stick and kill the family. What a weekend!!!! Thanks everyone