Old 01-27-2010, 12:24 PM
ri_truck_guy
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only real issue with the AOD is if the TV cable isn't adjusted right, the AOD will burn itself up in a heartbeat. The only change I've done to mine is to add a cooler, and I put that thing through all kinds of abuse without any problems at all. I just posted on how to adjust last night in a different thread. below is a copy.

To adjust the TV cable, you need to disconnect the cable from the ballstud on the throttle bracket. After you disconnect it make sure the plastic piece that connects to the ball stud is pulled all the way to the end of the cable. The cable adjustment holdown is a plastic tab that slides up on the thick part where the cable passes through the bracket. Loosen the cable adjustment holdown and move the cable so the plastic piece is exactly even with the ballstud. Close the adjsutment holdown at this point. Then reconnect the plastic piece to the ballstud. That's it.

A properly adjusted AOD with a cooler will be a lot more stout than people think. Hope this helps someone.