View Single Post
Old 07-20-2003, 12:47 AM
LightningBoy
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Needing Gen 2 Lightning Foglamps

Fellas!!

I currently own two L's - an 01 and an 02. Ken, I will tell you that the dealer owes you a set of lights and Mike, the same. If you have a Lightning under warranty, SVT will replace the lights for you free of charge. Just call them ( www.svt.ford.com ) and tell them about your problem. The SVT certified dealer has NO CHOICE but to honor the repair. Here is my story:

I have a black 01 and I noticed within the first three months of ownership, I had some of those same cracks that did not look like road damage. When I pointed it out to the service advisor at Covert Ford here in Austin, I got the ole, "Oh, those are rocks hitting your lenses." I told them, "So why aren't there any "pock marks" on the rest of my front air dam? Are the rocks magically only hitting my fog lights and then bouncing straight back to the asphalt roads I drive?" I pointed out that rock damage is small, circular, spider web looking marks but these were long cracks like heat was involved. The blew me off and I called SVT. A guy named Matt at SVT told me about the defect and SVT called Covert to confirm and in one week, I had a new set of lights. But.....here's the funny part: The new lamps had noticeably different lenses! The looked clearer and very unlike the first set of lights I had. My 2002 did not have this problem at all so I know it was a run of manufactured lights there were bad from the factory.
Take care and remember: You gotta fight......for your right.....to get parts.

Regards,
Roy Ortiz
Austin, TX