View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 12:36 PM
papadelogan
Snowboard season cometh..
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arlene's Bday Thread... Locked ???

So I was going to add the pictures my girlfriend took to the appropriate thread and found it was locked. I read through it and there was nothing sexual, inappropriate.... so I have to ask.... WHAT GIVES?

I held off joining the MD Chapter even though I 'lurked' for quite a while. I grew up in MD, lived from '05 to '09 in Colorado, and when I moved back decided that I would join this chapter.

I know, without a doubt, that there a many great & interesting people in this crowd, and I wish I'd have done more to meet the members and regret missing the Carlisle event.

But I also noticed a feeling of ... pettiness... that I find... frankly... pathetic. This came from reading many threads & posts in the MD Chapter forum. And no, I won't point out examples, but I am amazed that grown adults can act in such a manner. It's not in all of them and CERTAINLY not from all members... but it creeps in.

If this doesn't pertain to you, you'll know it, and it is not directed at you. If you do behave like a child, then yes, I do mean you.

I'm blunt. Many won't like that, and I'm fine with it. But I'm curious as to how many others have picked up on this vibe, and what you think about it.

I'm not trying to point fingers, but to air out what I think is a serious issue, so that the problem can be adressed and resolved. Because I do think of it as a problem, and one that needs attention.

Please, share your thoughts.