View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 11:17 AM
FW Linc/Merc
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am doing the setup described now. In November I bought the turck and have a 89 302 HO motor and AOD in the garage for it. I did not want the EFI look so I decided to buy the parts to convert it. I have purchased an Edelbrock RPM air gap intake and a GM style HEI distributer. The Advantage to the GM style HEI is a one wire hookup (yes they make them specifically for the a 302 or 351). I will be using a 600 CFM Edelbrock carb to match with the RPM air gap intake. The 89 block does not have the provisions in the casting to mount a fuel pump so I will use an inline electric pump with a shutoff switch. I am still researching weather I HAVE to change the oil pan from the double plug style. I have bought a new steering column with column shift so I can use a LOKAR sytle connection to from the column to the AOD (I will fab this not buy LOKAR's). The AOD kickdown to mount to interface with the Edelbrock intake is available from LOKAR and is a required part to use the AOD. I have a 9" passenger car rear with 3:30 ratio so mileage and performance should be fine. I am waiting till my tax check to purchase No-Limit rack setup.

I will start in the spring assebling the parts but post how the progress is going.