View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Jason441
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electronic throttle body replacement

Hello all! I've been searching through the forums and found some of you have had the same problem as me.
While driving home my yellow wrench light came on and I had no power at the pedal, even though the engine was idleing smoothly. This happened with no warning and went away when I turned the truck off and restarted it. About 4 miles later it did it again. I immediately went to a nearby dealership only to find out my electronic throttle body needs replaced. Needless to say at this time of year 500+ dollars is not readily available, although I need my vehicle for work. I do not know a thing about ETB's but did a little research online and found many aftermarket ones at a much better price than Ford's(surprise). My question I guess is what are my alternatives to factory replacement? Can I remove and clean this component or replace it with something of better quality? I'm not into high perfomance with my truck but if I could get a little better throttle response or gas mileage I'm all ears.
My truck is a 2004 Supercrew 4x4 XLT w/ 5.4 Triton. Around 74,000 miles and well taken care of. Miles are nearly all highway.
I look forward to hearing from you guys.