Old 01-03-2010, 03:20 AM
Riderman
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cabloom300
I replaced about half the brake lines in my 76 highboy and after bleeding them i still only get a little brake pressure and its close to the floor. How can i tell if its the master cylinder or how do i find the problem? Thanks
Help us help you sir. Did you replace the Front brake lines or the rear? If the front, did you bleed them at both calipers? If rear, did you bleed them at both wheel cylinders? How did you bleed them? GRAVITY bleeding is NOT an option! It may get you close, but what about that air bubble in the brake line above the rearend housing? That exact issue caused a crash and got a co-worker fired recently...His.. defence.."I gravity bled them"

Have someone pump the brake pedal with the engine running at least 3-5 times, and have them HOLD it. When you open the bleeder, have the person pushing the pedal keep it pushed to the floor untill you tighten the bleeder, then they can let their foot up. Start at the left front, crack the bleeder untill clear fluidand no air is comming out. Repeat the pedal pumping action and Fill the master ceyclinder before it get's below 1/3 rd of the way empty. Repeat this proceedure to the right front, left rear, and finaly, right rear. If no fluid comes out of any bleeder, Email back to us..we can help find the issue