View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 01:43 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by raptor2005
to tell the truth the truck is parked right now with a blown head gasket. I want to do it right when i fix it it has 155,000 miles on it and i know it will cost me a few thousands i am working an d saveing to get ready. I do want the truck for the long haul and am will to invest in it so i guess to answer you i really dont know how much right now but i am willing to invest some hard cash in it.

Good enough.

Can you tell me what you are wanting to use this truck for? Daily driver, tow'er, want to eeeck out a little more hp, what? Some things, in my opinion, you should do rather or not you keep the powertrain stock hp levels or just bump them up with a modest tune, however, if you think you want to put down some more HP then there are going to be a few more mods to do. In all honesty, it's going to be better to do as much as you can with the Headstud install as most shops usually only charge you the labor for the headstud R&R and you are only out the cost of parts(if you decide not to do the install yourself).