View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Aggie05
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wendell borror
I am however a big believer in synthetic oil, it does reduce heat and friction which saves wear and tear on parts, lower operating temps. Also less friction = better mpg. I've become a big fan of mobil 1 over the years, it's good stuff. However, if you didn't want to pay the price for a full synthetic, I would recomend motorcraft oil as it's a synthetic blend and cost about the same as other dino oils in it's class. With mobil 1, I get 5,000 mile oil changes easy, it could go longer, but it will need a new motorcraft filter by then anyway. There's mobil 1's that can go up to 15,000 miles between changes, but there's no 15,000 mile oil filters that I know of ha ha.
I run the mobil 1 extended performance in my 350z and the oil stated good for 15k but the oil filter did not. I sent an email to mobil 1 and asked them if their mobil 1 extended performance was also good for 15kmiles and they said yet. I dont have the email but its the mobil1 gray bottle with Extended performance in yellow writiing.