Old 12-19-2009, 09:59 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, keep in mind I was working on a pickup so I don't know what's available for yours. We took mine off, had to take a grinder to those safety pins to get them to punch out and then took the old one to O Reallys *yes I spelled it that way on purpose, that's what we call it* to get one of their universal kits. There were two diameters of kit there. They don't have the safety pins for mine, we had to put a long bolt in on one side to fill in for the safety pin. I may not be calling it the right thing - sorry. Either way, if you need one in a pinch, they carry them. If I had had the time, I would have found one more specific to my application just because I'm noid like that.

I can't remember the lady's name I spoke to up there - the gentleman quoted me differently than she did - she had corrected his mistake with the shipping amounts. She was super nice so if you talked to the gentleman you might call back and talk to her, tell them you heard of them here from a girl in TX and I said that my core - same year box - had a core of $90. I bet they'll work with you because all the times I talked to them, she was consistent with the $90. Basically shipping, since I paid 2 way to return the core, was $40 each way, totaling $80 so with the core of $90 I got $10 back. The difference could be in the box you'd be sending back versus the one you're getting. I just honestly don't know.

Good Luck!