Old 12-17-2009, 04:18 AM
drsmith
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone feeling like giving some festive help ;o)

First of all let me offer my apologies for not posting for what feels like 5 minutes but is in reality almost a year! Crazy times! haha...

During that time i have moved house 3 times (not all by choice!) and have been looking after my pregnant wife, who i am pleased to say is doing well but is ready to 'pop' any day soon! exciting times ;o)

Anyway, my steed of choice is now a workhorse in the form of a 1985 F250 XLT Lariat 6.9 diesel! Its lovely! However, it does have a few issues...:

1. brakes are hopeless (defo needs pads, possibly caliper/s and rotors)
2. Steering feels a little sloppy (i would presume bushes on a heavy truck?)
3. front right wheel bearing is noisy (replace)
4. i can smell fumes in the cab (looks like possibly a leak in the exhaust under the cab could be coming up between the cab and the bed and getting in via the slider window?)

What i would like to know is if anyone local to me in Redmond would like to come to my house and help me swap over the front calipers, rotors, pads etc... and help me look over the suspension and bushes etc.. Its been a while since i did any moderate work so im thinking safety in numbers! haha... The truck is going to be my winter daily driver so i would like to get it sorted asap, especially considering my wife is going to be taken into hospital at any point. Speed is of the essence. Obviously i can compensate you for your time in tea, coffee, donuts and some Xmas readies ;o)

let me know if you are free, i am off till Xmas so the sooner the better!