View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 12:08 PM
stephen.osborne1
Cargo Master
Received 178 Likes on 126 Posts
Yeah, I'll be overseas for a while, but my wife will be driving the new truck while I'm gone. She doesn't need it right away, but she is putting a lot of miles on my 2000, and I don't want it to break down while I'm not home...She freaks out if I'm not there to tell her what to do.
I know I'd be happy with the 5.4, but if I could hold out for say, an extra month or two, and get a 5.0 or 6.2 in a crew cab (no raptor crew cab yet?) that'd be awesome. I'd be more concerned about trans problems than a motor problem, and from what it sounds lke, the bugs have been worked out of the 6 spd (6R80?). Besides, I'd get the extended warranty too.
I wonder what the actual numbers will be too... I agree, 400 seems high for a 5.0, but it is possible. Anyone know if it has direct injection? I'm pretty sure the 6.2 does. Compression anyone?
I was just hoping maybe someone had some insider info as to when the new motors will be released... Thought maybe at the LA auto show or something. Still a few days left.