View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 08:49 PM
mountainrich
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q-JET

As previously stated, the q-jet can be adjusted for about anything. I've personally used the Q-jet on an old Buick 3.8L motor and gotten good bottom end, respectable passing, and good fuel economy. You need to make sure the throttle shaft is bushed- or at least- not leaking. If it's after '74 or so, don't worry about the secondary wells. The secondaries will need to leaned (w/ rods AND hangers) but alot is done w/ an allen and tweeker.

Also, DO NOT use the phenolic float- brass ones are $8.00 and will not saturate with all the crap they're putting into gas as "experiments". If you are using the fuel pump off the engine, get a pressure regulator -$18.00 at Checkers, and put the pressure at 3. The rebuild specs for the float are a bit high. You should be able to set the float 2 or 3 16ths LOWER. Not knowing what altitude you're at, I cannot recommend a power spring.

If you've got the Quad, I'm really interested w/ how it acts on a 300. I intend to do the same thing this Spring. Seriously, PM me if you have questions of setting it up- they are easy once you can take the top cover and gasket on and off.