View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Groovy Chick
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cartmanea
Ok, so your FICM programing will give me inductive heating without the need for a Ford reflash? I didn't know that was possible, I thought the PCM strategy had to be matched with the FICM strategy, that is good news.
Most Ford dealerships can only program current calibrations and can't go "backwards." Additionally, the firmware that they use require that the PCM and FICM match up so they need the truck available to them when they reflash the FICM.

The FICM and PCM don't HAVE to match; the only thing that might happen if the FICM has a different calibration than the PCM is looking for is that you will set a DTC code. The truck will run just fine, though.

Originally Posted by jlo84truck
Groovy chick, I would also like to get the FICM programing for my truck. I emailed bill a couple of times and havent heard anything back, I know that your probably real busy there. Do you guys have any FICM's there that you can trade out with me if I pay a core charge or somthing? If not, has bill gotten his gryphon programer to program the FICM through the OBD2 port? if he has would he be willing to only put a FICM program on it and send it to me so I can program my truck? I would be willing to pay for the FICM tune, put a deposit down on the gryphon tuner, and pay shipping both ways w/ insurance. Thanks, Justin
Hi, Justin. I'm sorry Bill hasn't gotten back to you yet. (Frankly, the best way to get ahold of us is through our forum because we haven't had the time to peruse all of the others lately...) We're insanely busy! We have the sale going on, and last week was my first full week back from having the flu and pneumonia! I think it will some time in January before we're actually "caught up."

We don't currently have any FICMs in stock. We sold the five we had a couple of weeks ago -- all in one week, mind you! I believe Swamp's Diesel has some available for sale that can be shipped directly to us for reprogramming. Bill hasn't had time to finish the firmware to allow FICM reprogramming via the OBDII port, but it is certainly on his TO DO list. We've got a ton of people anxiously waiting for it to be available. As soon as it's done, we'll post it on our website as well as on our forum, so please feel free to check back from time to time.