View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 12:27 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
Originally Posted by gpfarrell
I bet we'll see it sooner, but without much fanfare.

Ford has to be carefull to not upset the Eco-weanies and big, bad-azz engines are a great way to do that.

So don't expect 76 trombones to be leading the first 6.2 Expedition down the road.

But if the engine is ready, Ford would be dumb to keep it on the shelf. While a 5.4 is enough for most people, frankly so is a Honda Accord. Expeditions are all about more, so I think we can expect to see more engine too.

Ford makes a ton of money on each Expy they sell, especially loaded models, so it's well worth their trouble to make a loaded Expy as appealing as possible to the guys that want it all.

Think about it... an Ecoboost Flex has more hp now than an Expy? That won't last too long. You might not see it in XLTs, but I'll bet very shortly after the 6.2s hit the road that EB's and Limiteds will be available with them.
Actually, you'll see it come out in the Navi's first. IMHO, I can the 6.2L hitting the Limited's, certain EB's and Platinum F-150's as well as the Harley trucks and Raptors.

I think the Hwy MPG's for the 6.2L in the stock F-150 and Expy maybe better than we expect.

Tim