View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Cobra1899
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Similar problem

I have a similar problem that started today on my 2004 F150. Rolled down driver side window then gauges, radio and fan blower stopped working, and couldn't get window back up. Stopped vehicle and was able to get window back up after re-starting. Then blower cut in briefly. Everything stopped working for about a half hour while driving.

Was in friends garage to check things and with engine off everything worked fine. Pulled all relays and connections under hood and added some anti-corrosion paste to all connections. Everything continued to work fine. Went for drive and everything stopped working again and then gauges, radio and blower started working but now it was one or the other or all.

Noticed at one time when gauges working that the check battery light was on and that the battery gauge was overcharging. Then the working/not working continued. Stopped to pick up daughter and with truck idling everything worked until I reved the engine then everything stopped again. When back to idling things worked. Did this a few times and watched battery gauge (while working) and it always showed overcharging just before shutting everything down. While driving after that it seemed while accelerating that things would shut off.

Could this problem be the alternator overcharging when the revs are up and tripping the relays? But why only these items? Engine seems to be running fine as well as signal lights, and wipers. Power locks are also part of the problem.

I haven't even re-tried the window because we're in the middle of a cold snap and don't want the window to stay down.

Maybe mymanclint can see if he can notice the same battery gauge overcharge indication.

Thanks for any assistance!