View Single Post
Old 07-09-2003, 06:17 PM
lockgirl
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Expedition w/DVD - Help

Just got back from my "car guy". Here's the story...
I have a factory radio and factory DVD rear player. When he attempts to install a new radio (ANY radio), the audio goes out in the DVD. In my case, the radio is a Pioneer AVHP6500 (am/fm/cd/dvd). I'm also having the touch screen navigation put in, but he says that has nothing to do with this problem.

I know nothing about this stuff but he showed me the back of my factory radio. There are three places that wiring harnesses hook up to. The one in question is the middle one.

He showed me what was faxed from Pioneer - it was a schematic of what each wire did in that harness. He is able to "jump" the video portion but any attempts to get the audio back to the dvd are unsuccessful.

Does not make much sense to me! The Ford parts guy tells me that the two factory units (radio/dvd) will only work together and there is no wiring harness available to enable other manufacturers parts.

What is everyone who has a factory dvd going to do when they want to upgrade their radio? Based on what I'm being told, we're all SOL...

Anyone know what the anwer is?

Thanks again,
Jeanne