Old 12-03-2009, 02:48 AM
Ranger92
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Greywolf
I have heard the autobahn (German) is the fastest in the world, parts of the "QUOTA" in Mexico (also know as the "CUDA" - which is short for "BARRACUDA") is very popular for hotrodders coming down from southern california in the USA.

Australian roads I have no clue about at all, and in America there are roads in the northwest with high speeds -but the cops have an unlimited license to decide for themselves what is 'reasonable' and what is not, depending on how they feel about it at the time and the condition of the roads, weather, and vehicle...

Italia I know nothing about at all, but they seem to make some of the worlds fastest sportscars. -Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bugatti... Why would they do that?

How fast can you go?

This is a thing I have been fascinated with for a long time.

If I had an airplane and a pilots license I could go 500+ miles an hour and it would be taken for granted, but on the street or a highway you can only go so fast..

Probably because most airplane pilots are thought to be much more conservative as regards their own mortality, and there are not as many of them.

Here in Illinois, they are pretty strict.

I drove on the Autobahn in Germany. They add a plastic into their pavement that really extends the life and allows for expansion without cracking. They really maintain the Autobahn and you don't see any potholes anywhere. There is no speed limit once you get away from the towns, and it is an experience that I will not forget. You can go as fast as your Hp will allow you to go!

I was a young G.I and I had a BMW 528 (Inline 6 with two massive carbs and 4 speed) maxed out on the speedo! It was a real rush! The car itself felt like it was trying to fly and the steering was extremely sensitive. The Autobahn is also curved and banked to allow for smooth high speed turns! Damn it was great, no, it was the best driving exerience I have ever had!