View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 10:51 AM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56
Spent the past few days at the hospital with my brother.
After 67 surgeries to his left leg since 1981...they amputated it .
He is doing ok.,but has phantom pain and alot of remorse.
Nearly 80 surgeries altold, and to lose the leg after all that is a true showing of how strong he really is.
He was hurt at the shop in 81 when a 4000 lb roll was rolled off a truck in the shipping bay,and rolled off the truck on top of him.
That was a bad day......3 men actually passed out from the blood,and trauma in the shop.
I will most likely take my 2 brothers with me to Florida for some time together and get him back up on a prosthetic leg.
He already has a prosthetic foot on the opposite leg.
So this means he has no toes or feet.........Thanks/Bill

P.S.----Sold some parts on ebay...and going to East Sparta soon so I will stop over again Kevin. I was over Saturday....but you must not have seen me.......Bill

Holy crap, really sorry to hear what he has endured, but let him know that he can over come this, and maybe in a position to do better.

Being in the Navy there is one guy that i looked up to, his name is Carl Brashear, and diver who lost his leg in a diving accident and made a full rovery and went on the continue his career, I met him many years ago, and this man is very inspiring and a true testament of what a person is capable of doing once you set your mind to it.
this is well worth reading and sharing with your brother,
and the movie they made about him is very close to what he went through, get this movie "Men of Honor" and show it to him even if he has already seen it, watch it again..

Link to Carl Brashear bio
Carl M. Brashear

I wish your brother a speedy recovery, and to a much more active life