View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Mr. Finch
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have a m5 (mazda 5 spd) transmission. Same thing that is in my 96 f150 4x4.

Ford had a problem with the slave cyclinders on thoes trannys. The slave is mounted inside the bellhousing and wraps aroung the input shaft, eliminating the need for a fork.

I am willing to bet my next paycheck that you have brakefluid inside the bellhousing.

Ford has a revision on that slave cylinder. because there is no dust boot on it, clutch material gets to the seal and tears it up, and because of the heat the seal will fail.

Replace your clutch, Flywheel (will have brake fluid burned into it), Slave cylinder, and possibly the line going to the slave (sometimes the realease locks up).

Make sure you get the slave from FORD, it is around $100.00, about 2x as much as anyone else but well worth it. I have not found anyone but ford make it with the boot and upgraded seal. If you get one from a parts store it will only last about 3 months. I tried, first one went out in 3 months, had it warrentied, then second only lasted 2.5 months. I finnaly brokedown and paid the extra for a FORD and it at 11 months it is still going strong.