View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 12:57 PM
mcdonaldm
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i think you should be okay with the plow brackets. the inspection is mostly to check for mechanical damage such as missing parts, bent or damaged frames, properly operating components (such as neutral safety, back up lights, heaters, etc).they also check that all the hidden VIN numbers match the main VIN number to make sure you are not bringing a stolen car here for resale.

as long as the plow attachment didn't damage the frame or cause any cracks at the attachment point, you should be good.

the front sway bar on the other hand might be an issue as it is a safety item. if the new trucks come standard with a front sway bar, then it might not pass and you will have to attach one (is not a bad idea anyways especially if you have one on the rear as it will cause some handelling issues without a front bar is some cases) to re-pass the inspection. i know the older trucks (at least the 70's and 80's) trucks never came with front sway bars as standard so they would pass. might want to look into that one as that is a way out if they didn't come standard on the truck.

had to get my 60 ford inspected after i Hot Rodded it as it was originally from Sask. even with all the custom work i done to it (mustang II front end, 460 installed, disc brake rear end, custom interior) they were more concerned with no sun visors and no heater in the truck and i didn't have a nuetral safety installed (has to match the safety equipment offered on the engine/trany installed not year of truck). installed some sun visors and shown them that the heater was an option on these trucks and not standard and they passed it. so i don't think they will say anything about the plow brackets.

as long as the truck is in good mechanical shape and has never been written off and everything still works (power windows, seats, etc) then shouldn't be a big deal.

rgds
Mike