View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 11:30 PM
da-bees
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks go to each of you for commenting. I am allways pleased when bismic considers a topic worthy of response and apreciate his candor and analitical approach to subjects. I enjoy reading what others have to say on this and some other forums but rarly comment in view of that all corners of the topics have generaly been explored by someone already. Oil and filters imho remains somwhat murky. There are two points I wish to demonstrate. #1 Several AM catalogs list optional choices without making it clear which fits what and OE only lists one. I think that may very well account for much damage that is thought to be faulty desighn. #2 It would be benificial if each of us take time to personaly research a topic if there appears to be undiscovered fact(s). I have no brand preferrence nor desire to be frugal. End OF ORIGIONAL POINTS.,,,,, That said,you probly wonder if you addressed my consurns. Somewhat ,maybe or yes but it went over my head. The following is simply one man's opinion. The suspension of soot is a function of oil,and then only until it can be traped by the filter. What i reffered to as "discolored"looked different than normal. Although appearance is not the end all factor while judging oil,it is the best indicator of other more important things short of lab analasis. I wish that anyone who has a catastropic filter failure would just name the manufacture instead of lumping all in "will fit". That only reinforces the appearance the speaker is attempting to drive sales away from others and into FMC'S waiting arms. As for patent protection,That is true of every product sold in USA. I should think Ford would not want to stack insult atop injury by making it cumbersome to maintaine an already rediculiousy fikle engine. Thanks again for your indulgence and keep up the good work. I will just snoop around some more,never know what will turn up.