View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Expeditionary!
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, I went to see it today. The first time I got to look inside and all that. While checking it over I noticed it had the pushbuttons on the door for entry and had the sunroof and all that, but did not have keyless entry (key fob). Is this normal? I actually have not even gotten to drive it as it is going to auction tomorrow. If it doesn't sell it is coming back. He is asking $3200 for it. The trans issue is as follows: When putting into drive, the trans shifts just as one would expect, when going into reverse however, it takes about 20 - 30 seconds and requires a bit of feathering of the throttle. Once in reverse, it feels normal and has plenty of power. He told me he could get me another tranny for $500 which sound like a used/junkyard job. I can get a pretty decent price on a rebuild and can do the removal/install labor myself. All the obvious telltales seemed okay, the steering wheel was losing color around the top... (turning black) where the hand would rest. The pedals looked good and the seat did not seem excessively smushed down. It had power pedals, 6 disc cd changer, sunroof, a/c. Loaded up pretty well inside. Hoping it does come back so I can offer him cash for it. When I arrived he had already sent the title to the auction and when I told him I had 3 in cash in my pocket he was clearly upset with his auction choice. lol... He began to tell me what he thought was wrong with the tranny and I then told him what was wrong with it (thanks Alloro). A well informed consumer and all that. The truck has 96,000 on it and has the 5.4 which is the R4100, correct? Or is that the 4R100? I can't remember. haha