Old 11-19-2009, 04:18 AM
papadelogan
Snowboard season cometh..
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think a bit more info would help quite a bit.

Where do you live? With snowmobiles it could be Alaska, Minnesota, Montana, Colorado, or....
What are the roads like that you'll be driving?
How much weight will you be towing, and how often?

If you're towing 6,000lbs on the flats of MN, then you can get away with a smaller engine & higher gears. If you're going to Loveland Pass in Colorado (12,000' elevation) then a big block and steeper gears would be better.

I'm a bit confused about your "bigger truck" comment, since you state that you currently drive a '96 F250.... bigger how?

I think the problem with the '01 you used to have was the 3.55 gears most likely, especially since you're now used to a rig with 4.10s.

A 460 will be THIRSTY, no two ways about it. I think you probably have exactly the truck you want for towing, but something (obviously) is missing. Is it creature comforts? CrewCab vs. a regular cab? What doesn't your current truck do or have that you're looking for?

I am a diesel guy myself but have a friend that refuses to go that way. The right truck for you is the right truck for you. If you're happy with it, that's what matters. If you can fill us in on some details by answering my questions, we can help you out that much better.