Old 11-16-2009, 07:27 PM
MarkSullivan
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck started right up this morn in 20 degree temps. Blowing white smoke, but still have plenty of power.
After work, I decide to get the temp up to operating temp and drive it hard. Reach normal temp, and white smoke is blowing like crazy. I can hear a tat-tat-tat-tat when I'm romping on it, and I can't make out what that is....no loss of coolant at all....take cap off of degas bottle and I get the hiss from pressure....oil looks real dirty, but no antifreeze there. When I took out the glow plugs, on the very first one, I did remove the square block (has 4 star nuts on it) right around the glow plug, thinking it had to be removed to access the glow plug. I put this back on but I don't know what this block is.
Since the truck sat for 3 months, and I didn't drain the fuel (there were about 4 gallons in the front tank) I put in a full tank and some diesel kleen; drained the fuel bowl when I got water in fuel light. But, I don't think I've got so much dirty fuel now; it really seems like unspent fuel at this point.