Thread: LED Retrofit
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 10:10 PM
jdsmooth
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, the LED / HID retrofit is almost complete. I picked up a pair of light smoke LED taillights on ebay and installed them this weekend. Surprisingly high quality and great fit. Plus they look great with the Limited headlights. Much more upscale look than stock. I have also installed two HID kits... one in the fogs, and one in the headlights. The kit I bought for the headlights also has a "piggybacked" halogen highbeam, so I do not lose the flash-to-pass feature. Fairly easy install and the light quality is awesome.

I've also changed the front corners and license plate bulbs to LEDs, both 194's.

I think I've also come up with a solution for some of the dash lights. All of the cluster and center stack LEDs are integrated, so umless you want to commit to a lot of time and soldering, you're stuck with 1982 green. I did, however, find a center stack from an 08 Navigator online fairly cheap. I'm going to see about changing out some of the circuit boards (climate control and 6 big buttons) for the Navigator counterparts which are lit white.

Just a quick update.