Old 11-03-2009, 03:36 AM
Fearsam
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, I can't even imagine your frustration level..... So i'm curious of the origin of the converter. Is this a U.S. part or made overseas? If we had a WWII scenario we would be screwed these days. Companies are outsourcing everything now. If we can make it, the part will only be available in very limited quantities due to the lack of available equipment to make these parts. Pretty scary when you think about it.

We are a proud Ford family, but this would have sent me into a world of pissed off they would have never seen before. Customers need to come first, especially when you have spent 40 grand on a vehicle. You would think Ford would at least get you a vehicle of equal size and capability. It seems that companies are spending alot of money on advertising and making the sale. But after that, good luck getting quality help and support. Very few Ford dealerships have that mom and pop shop feel. Where the customer actually feels important and is taken care of. I had to switch dealerships because of this. They couldn't give a rip about my SUV. It was all about how quick they could get me in and out. It didn't matter if it was fixed correctly or not, just leave us alone and go away.

I don't mean to go off-topic, but GM is trying to sell HUMMER to China. Many people say good riddance, it was a horrible product, etc, etc. Yes, some of that may or may not be true. People are missing the fact that we are giving China access to U.S. automotive technology. The blueprints, CAD designs, high tech manufacturing machinery and all the ins and outs to creating an SUV. 30 years ago that would have been considered treason. Yes, they will make a quick buck, but its going to bite us in the a** in the long run.

Sorry for another rant on this thread, but I felt this needed to be said as well.