Old 10-31-2009, 07:28 AM
david_jr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the satellite radio installed. The dash came apart very easily as advertised. I had hoped to tie into the on board sirius antenna, but there was no separate lead, just one antenna connection on the back of the radio. I went ahead and used the FM Direct adapter FM modulator that I had bought. I wasn't comfortable cutting into the line input wiring as this is a lease and may go back if we decide to upgrade at the end or if I lose my job and we can't afford it. I installed the XM antenna on the roof next to the sirius antenna and snaked the wire down the side of the windshield then inside the door frame and through the hole where the door wiring goes into the interior. I just pulled the boot out, snaked my wire and then put the boot right back in. The boot is really not that tight and it made it pretty easy to do. Also there is a ton of room behind the dash and I was able to cable tie all of the modulator parts and extra wiring so nothing should be rattling. I may go to a shop to have my 12v plug installed for it. I really am not comfortable messing with that. Oh by the way the sound is amazing. Sounds just as good as the FM and CD players. Of course that is sitting in the driveway. I'll have to see how it goes on the road to see if there is any FM interference issues. Thanks again for all of the help and suggestions. This forum is great.