View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 09:43 AM
stanger_missle
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, it looks like we have the "basic" package. Oh well... How does your Expy go in the snow without limited slip? I haven't had a vehicle with traction control since I had my '99 Cobra, and it was pretty useless unless you wanted horrible wheel hop. It stayed off unless I forgot to turn it off...

In the 3.5 years we had our Explorer, I only used 4WD twice. It had the 3.73s and limited slip. That thing was unstoppable in the snow. I'm just worried that the Expy will be hindered by its weight and open differential.

I have already thought about mods LOL. The wife told me that she wants an exhaust on it. Our Explorer had a 40 Series Flowmaster on it. It sounded like a big Mustang. We bought it from the dealer like that. It seems the previous owner was a bit of a car guy too hahaha.

I really want to put the smoked Limited headlights on it and maybe get a primered grille and paint it to match the body.

The dealership gave us a 2010 Limited with 65 miles on it as a loaner while they went and retrieved ours. Man, I got used to the heated/cooled seats and the electric retractible running boards. It had a sweet stereo too. It had every option. I was kinda sad to see it go back LOL.....