View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Groovy Chick
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cartmanea
I'm interested in the FICM programming. Will I see much mileage gain with one of the earlier '03 strategies? I have VXAP1, the inferred EBP strategy, 06E17. Also, can you add the latest inductive heating with this strategy, or would I need to get my PCM updated first? If I did get the PCM updated to the latest inductive heating, would FICM tuning achieve the same power and mileage as it would with my current strategy? Thanks!
The PCM doesn't contain the inductive heating strategy. Of course, the PCM can be programmed as well, and that's probably to what you're referring, I'd bet, so here we go...

First, don't update to the latest Ford PCM strategy if it can be helped. Bill doesn't have enough bad things to say about it. Ford just keeps detuning these trucks, and the performance suffers with each calibration update.

Second, you should definitely see some gains in fuel economy, performance, shifting, throttle response, etc. with our FICM calibration (which has the latest inductive heating strategy in it!).

Third, if you're looking for horsepower gains, we generally handle that in the PCM tuning; however, I believe that Innovative's FICM reprogramming is geared in that direction, and I've heard great things about Eric's tuning.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you might have.