Old 10-27-2009, 03:48 PM
ghunt
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UGH!

Two of my "superiors" are the ones that ordered this diesel secret thing- my boss, and our business manager.

My business manager has been the one pressuring me to get on making this stuff, and I sent him over some links to the biodiesel infopop forums where people were talking about DSE and all that. (This link specifically- Diesel Secret - DSE - Everything you wanted to know and more. - Topic Powered by Eve Community)

Today he asked me if I had made any, I said no, and was telling him about how you can't run cold veggie oil, how it has to be heated and it's a lot thicker than diesel, etc. He replied to the e-mail today with the links in it, and said "<style><!-- .hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { font-size: 10pt; font-family:Verdana } --></style>These are all from people that use a different system, the remarks from customers on the site are good the only way to know for sure is to try it. We need to use the pump to take the oil off the top most of the crap should have settled to the bottom by now. so get this done for next week so we can try it."

I then asked him if he saw the picture on that link that showed the "DSE" stuff that had been in the cold and was all gelled up. He said "Well that's why I had wanted to get this going before it got cold outside."

I even tried to show him the chart that showed how veggie oil's viscosity was about 10x that of diesel until heated to 160 degrees, and some links from here where people had posted about how they had improved on DSE's instructions by doing some things differently. His response? "Looks like a good place to post our results."

I give up, he doesn't get it. If he wants to pay for a new injection pump and new injectors for our company truck, he can be my guest.