View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Itsme7
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1965 f100 Custom Cab restoration

Since i havent really shown any pics of my truck, i figured i'd post some up. I picked the truck up last year around this time from my neighbor across the street for $3,000. She ran, but was a little rough. It was converted into a 351W w/C4 trans. She was a little rough around the edges, but the main body is there, and the frame is in great condition so it would be a good project. Here are a couple of pics of the begining and progress. Heres my photobucket album link if you want to see more :65 f100 pictures by itsme78932 - Photobucket

How she looks now.

On the cab i had to do a bit of patching on the floor, there was a little bit of rot. The body is basically primed, so no filler work done yet. There are some spots i cant get to with the body hammer, and i dont want to spend $300 on a dent puller i'll only use once. Everything is painted with POR15. Awesome paint that really seals everything up. The chassis has 2-3 coats, the cab has 2 coats with a coat of undercoating on the underside.

On the chassis, we've done quite a bit of work. Replaced all the shocks, had the kingpins done (were real loose and the company had a hard time getting them out with a 50 ton press), all new drum brakes around (drums, pads, wheel cylinders, springs, ect) new wheel bearings, axle seals, All new suspension bushings, and some other things i cant think of at the moment. The fenders, doors, hood are in the basement and will be worked on during the winter. Over winter i will also be collecting all the pieces and parts i need, so when spring rolls around she will be ready to put together. For the motor, im looking at a crate motor. Proformance Unlimited is local and they build some pretty nice motors. Im looking at their 420hp 351W with dart aluminum heads, edelbrock carb, MSD ignition, ect. For the trans im sending it out to Dynamic Racing Transmissions in CT. Building it for 500+ hp so it will last a long time with no problems, putting a manual shift valve body on it. Im getting real excited about the project, i just cant wait till its done.