View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 04:28 AM
pgw85706
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aquaman78F100
FixMyRanger,
I did not replace my lines due to a lack of fundalation. If you look at the back of your hub you will see a vacuum line running from the front of the truck clipped to the frame rail and going to the hub. My line was just old and dry rotted( i believe that is the correct term) so I cut the cracked end off of it, took it off the clips due to its decrease in length and pressed it back onto the hub. When I say rerouting i simply meant taking it off the clips and positioning it out of harms way for now. I am sure this is a temporary fix, but i would imagine you can get the lines at your ford dealer or a good parts store. Sorry if this isnt as helpful as you were looking for. I will post again if i look into the problem again in the near future.
Smythcountry - There are two threads in the stickie section about servicing the transfer case and the shift motor. I somtimes have the clunk in the transfer case when engaging particularly if I have not operated it for over a month. I try to make a habit to cycle the 4wd on/off at least once per week to help keep things "flowing".

Aquaman, from other threads I've researched, I believe the vacuum line is 3/16" fuel line tubing if you want to replace it. Can you comment about the condition of the steel tubing at the hub? Mine is severly corroded and I am worried to even attempt to push replacement tubing on it for fear it will just crumble. My truck is same vintage as yours. Thanks.