View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 11:44 PM
Aquaman78F100
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FixMyRanger
Hey Aquaman, I think this is the problem I have with my Ranger currently. Can you go into detail about how I should go about replacing the vacuum lines? (like where to get the lines** and what you meant by "rerouting" I have replaced just about everything else and this is the most likely cause of my problem. So in short how do I need to replace the lines?
FixMyRanger,
I did not replace my lines due to a lack of fundalation. If you look at the back of your hub you will see a vacuum line running from the front of the truck clipped to the frame rail and going to the hub. My line was just old and dry rotted( i believe that is the correct term) so I cut the cracked end off of it, took it off the clips due to its decrease in length and pressed it back onto the hub. When I say rerouting i simply meant taking it off the clips and positioning it out of harms way for now. I am sure this is a temporary fix, but i would imagine you can get the lines at your ford dealer or a good parts store. Sorry if this isnt as helpful as you were looking for. I will post again if i look into the problem again in the near future.