View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have never been able to properly bleed a systen with a remote booster with a vacuum bleeder.

If you have no pedal at all, I suggest doing a part by part test -
1 - remove brake line at master cyl and plug master cyl. If pedal is good, master cyl is good.
2 - Reconnect master cyl, ans disconnect the lines to all wheel cylinders from remote booster, plug remote booster. Bleed remote booster and then check pedal, if it is good remote booster is good.
3 - Reconnect front brakes, plug/cap lines to rear brakes. Bleed front brakes. Check pedal, if it is good, front brakes are OK.
4 - Reconnect rear brakes, and bleed them. For dual cylinder brakes I have found that you need a helper who can really apply the brakes hard. Make sure you open the bleeders as much as possible to get a strong stream. If the wheel cylinders are good, this should result in a good pedal. You may then want to rebleed the fronts to make sure all air is removed.

If you start with a "pedal to the floor" and a simple bleed has no effect, I have found that the above procedure and a helper is the only way to go. Good luck.

The following 2 users liked this post by 3414: