View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 09:10 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Received 89 Likes on 85 Posts
Haha, got my hands full with it lately, I've pulled the three person bench seat that resides over the axle, put in one from a converson van, folds down into a bed. I have to replace the box I made to go over the rear battery cause it's keeping the bench from sliding into place on the passenger side. Tossed the speaker box that I has in the rear for the 6 years I've had the van, had another one built for the 2 HE2 12's, waiting on the one for the RFR 1415 to sit on top of it, they sit far enough to the rear that the bed should fully fold out, previous one wouldn't. Tonight I spent laying in the floor rerunning wire for the amps, installing them under the seat, need to tie them up and get loom to cover them over to make it neat. I have 2 decorated 1"x6"x6' boards drilled with 20 1 1/8" holes in each board, LED pods containing 2 blue LEDs in each hole, running down the ceiling of the van one on each side of the van. The factory ceiling lights have blue LED replacements where the bulbs were, the dash lighting is soon to be swapped with blue LEDS, and a white overlay for the gauges. I've drilled the head lamp and the back up housings then installed blue LEDs, haven't wired them up yet, thinking of putting them on a flasher relay to mimic strobes, going side to side.
Its had a pushbar for a while, I put PIAA dual beam road ralley lights on it, some small driving lights under the valance up front. Lund sunvisor above the windshield, painted to match the van. First thing I did was put the black American Racing Wheels on it and Flowmaster 40 si/do exhaust, last year I upgraded to SS 24" x 4" exhaust tips, chome ones rusted. Has the Superchip Microtuner installed, that combined with the exhaust and now unrestricted intake has been rough on my tires. The side doors have Brawn power motors in them, then the worn out Crow River wheelchair lift inside the door, I have a Ricon 6 way power seat base under the drivers seat.
I hope to get things situated in the rear once everything is in, so I can start a cabinet off to the passenger side, the speakers are slid toward the other side, firing at the back door. I want to lay over 1/4" oak plywood over the speaker arrangement to blend it all in, sealed and trimmed in stained hardwood. I have the battery to hide in the rear, I'd like to move it over a little to optimize room and keep it neat.

My van is a daily driver, the only vehicle I own, so can't be down for a day.