View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 11:18 AM
kjvforme
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does this guy live within the city limits, if he does does he have a city business license? Turn him in, for no license, does he have a state business license, no, turn him in to the state. I would still contact the BBB, maybe they can lean on him. As for him taking you to court, did he give you a written or verbal quote? If it's in writing for him to remove the engine and put it back in after repair, then I think the only thing he could sue you for would be the installation of the fuel pump. Of course when you look at what he didn't have to do to the 7.3 and subtract that work and then add what he had to do on the other engine, it should even out.

Bringing in the shop rates from Ford and then explaining to the court that he is identifying himself as an expert in diesel engines. So that way so can say he took to long to do the job and I should have to pay for the longer hours. Ether was used in the older large engines as a starting aid but was never intended to be used in the mordern engines of today. I bet if you look in your owners manual it states "do not use ether". So if he did use it have him explain how he as a expert in his field would do something that would void most warranties if found out. Just my cents.

Rob