View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 11:09 AM
mkac100
5th Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks; yea seemed strange to me too. to be clear, as I think my original post may be a little confusing. Also I did some searches and understand a little now how the PATS / Securilock work<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o></o>
I have an 08 escape and a 09 expy. I have had the expy about 1 month and the escape about 2 years.<o></o>
<o></o>
1. the 08 escape key/fob (all in one integrated key type) opens the doors but does start the expy.<o></o>
2. the expy key fob (all in one) does not open or start the escape.<o></o>
3. I reprogrammed the expy and escape fob's using the on/off 8 times procedure. which worked as I got the lock/unlock confirmations when complete.<o></o>
4. no change<o></o>
<o></o>
one item may be related; my wife one night was leaving her parents house and her key fob would not work. funny thing about this is she freaked out how do I get in the truck. My mother in law (who normally is a dingbat) says "can't you just use the regular key" OH YEA. the actual key unlocked the door and started the expy. after that have not had the same problem.<o></o>
<o></o>
Biggest thing that scares me is supposedly there is supposed to billion's of combinations to the PATS / Securilock system. the same Fob working on two vehicles (without programming them) is supposed to be in the billions. So now I have no trust in this system that someone else can't open my expy with another fob.<o></o>