View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 08:31 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 843 Likes on 478 Posts
Saturday was "tire" day here. Every year the township allows each homeowner to get rid of 8 tires. They have always taken a few extra from me 10-12 each year.

This year there was no limit and i was able to take 30 tires! I spent last Thursday over at my friends shop breaking down old rusty-nasty tires as they wont take them on rims, and since he is so busy i did 15 or so for him.

This really cleaned up my back yard! Now time to haul scrap! Get rid of these junky 56's!

Havent run the furnace YET! and it is cold in the house! No fire in the wood burner yet either! Lots of extra blankets.

Week ago Sunday I bought a trailer load of Farmall Cub tractor implements off craigslist, What a deal! belly mower, sickle mower, complete cultivators, 2 way plow, disc, and some misc parts all for $ 500.00. I bought it all just for the sickle mower and cultivators. I have a guy comming Friday to look at the plow, hope to move the rest before snow flies!

I changed my hours at work, I now work 4-10 hour days. this gets me Friday Saturday and Sunday off.