View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 08:15 PM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by dkf
I think for what it is its overpriced. $22k for a a sparce XL with FWD and a small 4 banger is too much IMO. I don't like FWD at all either.
Other than those things I like it. Doesn't look too bad (dealer only has windowless) I want to see one with windows and in a different color other than white. I like all the room in the back.
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe a little more power and more transmission options. Especially if the non business market starts buying them.
I think the price is reasonable, and it can't be real cheap bringing it here from Turkey. Sticker prices on Escapes tend to be high as well, and Ford just runs rebates to effectively lower them most of the time.

As for FWD, you gain a flat, low load floor and pick up a lot of cubic feet without having to run a driveshaft thru the whole van. Not good for pulling a trailer, and not great for really heavy loads.

I went on a bike ride today and we've got a florist about a mile away. Brand new Transit Connect with big graphics on the sides in the driveway. I think it's gonna be great for businesses like that.

George