View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Cyber_guy184
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restoring 1949 Ford F3

Well this is my first post. My father died in January and as a memorial to him and his father I want to restore the 1949 F3 that has been collecting rust in our pasture the last 10 years. It hasn't run since 1976 when my grandfather died, it was parked in running condition and not put in storage.

Here is the flat head V-8.

Thirty years of mice and nosy cattle have raised hell on the interior.

Rusted through fenders and pickup bed.

This is a pic of an f1 that is the same color this was originaly and I would like it to look like this when done.

The crankshaft will wiggle so the engine shouldn't be froze. I know one of the brakes was frozen 10 years ago when we moved it. As far as me, I have experience welding farm machinery and I built my own BBQ smoker. I have friend who is a heavy machine mechanic who will help me with the engine and tranny. Several parts catalogs have been stacking up on my coffee table. So far I have more questions then I know what to do with. Does anyone have suggestions on what to do with the rusted through fenders and pickup bed? Is there patch panels for this? How can I find out what this thing looked like stock so I can match it? My goal with this is to restore it to factory with a few slight changes, 2 taillights with turn signals, new front disc brakes, and maybe convert it over to 12 volt. Thanks for your sage insight.