View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 04:25 PM

Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
TomB985
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrock01 View Post
If I cared about fuel milage and economy I'd be driving a Prius, I own a Super Duty 4x4 because that's what I need for my towing and hauling and lifestyle.

I sure as hell hope Ford doesn't turn the Super Duty into a gutless soccer mom truck like dodge has done

If I wanted to store little drink boxes of juice in my floorboards I'd carry a cooler, I really hope Ford isn't going to make a work truck Super Duty into a wanna be Green Mobile...tundra stock will go through the roof if Ford starts gutting its Super Duty line in the name of fuel economy.

this 2008 F250 Super Duty XLT 4x4 I have already has too much wussy soccer mom items on it as it is! Make it less able to haul and tow and start worrying about MPG over function and ability and I'll be first in line begging tundra for a 3/4 ton in their line.
Huh? Why do you condemn a truck for features or comfort rather than for what it can or can't do?

Are you serious? The base engine will have over 400 HP/TQ, and the PSD has over 700 ft-lbs of torque, yet you're accusing it of being a "gutless" soccer mom vehicle?

What's so wrong with a truck that does everything well? Why does a good work truck need to be raucous, unrefined, and basic?

Hate to break it to you, but most of us LIKE our "wussy soccer mom items". I like my big crew cab, power windows, locks, mirror, and pedals. Anyone who thinks it's gutless obviously has never seen it tow a trailer.

Newer trucks do everything better. The 2011 will be no exception to this. If you like, I'm sure there are lots of 1997 and older "gutless" 225 HP PSD trucks out there to suit your liking. Quite a bit cheaper, too.

What's wrong with improvement?

Currently truckless.
Most recently: 2013 F150 XLT 4x4 EcoBoost
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced