View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 12:14 PM
less
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IB Adrian
I think it would be sufficient to sleep in.
It would be tight for a large man or two...not much room left to store your camping stuff. The highway mileage is surprisingly poor for a small vehicle with a 4 cylinder engine, think it might have something to do with what apppears to be significant drag with the raised roof, that makes it hard on the little 4 banger to overcome.

I've had a lot of experience with vans...Econolines, Chevy full size, Chevy mid size..etc.

There is a market for very light duty vans like the HHR or the small Transit.

I don't want to sound continually negative about the Transit, but from the first time I saw one, I felt Ford made a bit of an error importing this Transit version, considering they haven't brought over the larger Transit, which is a very useful vehicle.

Also the Transit price for what it is...seems awfully pricey, compared to a basic commercial Econoline.

Sorry to not be a fan of this light delivery vehicle, but Ford needs to knock down the price and look at using a small turbo diesel rather than the hard working, not particularly fuel efficient gas 4 cylinder for today's market.