View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Wookie50
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gpfarrell
I think I'm him too.

0-60 and 1/4 mile times are quoted because they are an indicator of performance. Nobody likes a slug, but it doesn't mean we all want to drag race 6,000 pound buses.

My supercharged Mercury Marauder is silly quick (and I have had it to the strip a few times), but it really shines on the highway, loaded with the family and headed on vacation. A normal family car would struggle and strain, shifting continually and lack the power to make the occassional quick pass to clear a quagmire of traffic.

With the extra power in our car, long drives are fatigue free. It pulls the mountains in West Virginia without so much as a downshift, just the occasional whine of the Eaton letting you know your really cruising.

I'd like to start using an EL as our family vacation machine, but I dread the thought of 12 hour rides in a slug. Even a comfortable, spacious, slug.

Oh, and if I can get an EL to surprise a Hemi-anything from time to time, that would be fine too.

You're welcome to drive slow if this doesn't interest you. Just please do it in the right lane.
AMEN to that!