View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 09:42 AM
gpfarrell
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wookie50
Yup,I'm that guy and it was worth every penny!The soccer dad has a fun Expy and has been shocking the hell out of Hemi's and Mustangs!

I think I'm him too.

0-60 and 1/4 mile times are quoted because they are an indicator of performance. Nobody likes a slug, but it doesn't mean we all want to drag race 6,000 pound buses.

My supercharged Mercury Marauder is silly quick (and I have had it to the strip a few times), but it really shines on the highway, loaded with the family and headed on vacation. A normal family car would struggle and strain, shifting continually and lack the power to make the occassional quick pass to clear a quagmire of traffic.

With the extra power in our car, long drives are fatigue free. It pulls the mountains in West Virginia without so much as a downshift, just the occasional whine of the Eaton letting you know your really cruising.

I'd like to start using an EL as our family vacation machine, but I dread the thought of 12 hour rides in a slug. Even a comfortable, spacious, slug.

Oh, and if I can get an EL to surprise a Hemi-anything from time to time, that would be fine too.

You're welcome to drive slow if this doesn't interest you. Just please do it in the right lane.