View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 12:48 AM
CRABBO
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
torque

Originally Posted by emd160
yea torque is what i am looking for i cant wait. i had a built 351 windsor in my f150 and i though it ran. blackf-100do you think go with the performer heads or the performer rpm heads. this is going to be mainly a truck to take to camp for back roads and trails with mud and hills. i seen a dyno write up that said the rpm made like 50 more ft pds of tq and 70 hp. i would think you would have the truck at or above 1500 rpm when on the gas so i was thinking getting the rpm heads over the performer heads whats your guys opinion
i would not worry over the torker heads over the performer heads,just use a eagle 4.5 stroker kit and about 9.5 compression, and the edelbrock torker cam [234/244/108 lobe centers and you will have about 700 ft lbs @2500 rpm,s and about 500 pones at 5500 rpm,s so there is your torque and horsepower..ps if you use crane endurance valve springs you can get .650 lift and NOT machine your iron heads but, if you use the aluminum heads you won't have to worry about coil bind