View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 11:42 AM
slickrock01
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vermont dirt road wander

Anyone want to head into National Forest this week?

Opening of grouse is tomorrow, still plenty thick for shooting , but I thought I'd use it as an excuse to make a tour of the roads and start setting my trapping poles out for fisher.

My normal fisher line in Vermont is 185 miles by truck but alot of the NF roads are now gated and closed, so it's 100 miles of truck and about 10 on foot, and I've had to just do away with the rest, or at least not run it everyday for the whole season.

there are an additional 30 miles total of roads that I'd rather not run alone, I've torn tires out on them before and my Kevlars that were due in today were not in the truck delivery, if anyone wants to go hunting, fishing, sightseeing, moose gawking let me know I'm always looking for someone to help change a tire!
HA!

good trout fishing all along the way, plenty spots for pinics, coffee stops, grouse spots, and always the chance of bears and moose and other critters being spotted.

F-250 Super Duty only roads are the main routes, but I've snuck F150 4x4s on them in the past.