View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 10:25 AM
300 Buster
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess I signed off too quick greyghost85.I have a '96 f150 300 5 speed with 163k.I had a '91 F150 300 and I bought a '83 f150 that had been rolled up on its side in a wreck,body was pretty messed up but the engine was in great shape with 53k on it.So,I pulled the engine and pulled the oil pan,put in a new Melling oil pump and put an EFI valve cover on it and derusted the pan and cleaned the engine and painted it Ford blue.It has the manifold assy with carb sitting beside it and also the crank pulley dampener,they were removed for convertion to an EFI,also gave the dizzy to my nephew,since I would have used the '91 dizzy.This was all for a back-up engine for my '91,which has long since departed.Since I have found out that the head has the wrong combustion chambers for EFI.I may do something with it down the road,I thought I would help this young man out,but he's short of funds and really doesn't know what he's going to run yet.I put you on my friends list,then I couldn't get back to the part if I would accept your request.If you send it again I'll fill it in first.I'm pretty new to this forum stuff and really don't know how every thing works.